Sunday, August 3, 2008

it's so boring being a BANE if you don't have some rp fantasy to go along with it.
I'm seriously just debating quitting. I've already been through it once. Haven't seen my operator in almost a week now, and just logging on to wait out the timer while i stand in one or two spots and don't get to talk to anyone has stopped being entertaining.
I have to admit I'm still a little bitter over the whole operator thing, I went from having one of the most attentive ones to having an absentee one.
I think this might be my last blog post for a bit, I don't want to turn this into a spot of me whining about how bored I am for the next month.
If something changes I'll keep that posted.
B-2950

5 comments:

Danii said...

Keep up B-2950!

I don't know about your previous banishment, and I know banishment is extremely hard, but remember the story where there also wasn't an operator providing inputs to the bane...

Go on, you can make it! If there were anything I could do to support you except writing comments here and staying away from you inworld...

Anonymous said...

I get sentenced tonight, and reading your blog im nervous of the enormity of what i am getting into. I hope i can make it like you are.

good luck
soon to be a sister bane
Gabrielle sputnik

Anonymous said...

Hi again Bethany,

I have just set up my own blog of my life in SL hope you dont mind me adding you as a link?

Gabrielle

http://slgabbrielle.blogspot.com/

Bethany Bao said...

Please don't let me color your expectations. Keep in mind alot of my ranting has to do with me being frustrated over some other things that are bleeding into my SL recreation. While I do think it takes a certin type of person to get all they can out of Banishment, I'd still recomend it as an experience that is worth having. Just keep in mind that you get out of it what you put into it. If you take alot of stuff into banishment with you like i have this time then it's bound to be very boring, but if you take the right thoughts in with you it can be one of the most enjoyable RP experiences you have by yourself.
B-2950

Danii said...

Oh Bethany, this is so true!
It strongly reminds me of my first SL prison experience, in good ol' Tesscatraz.. They warned me it could be boring, it was actually meant to, and I was very unsure and nervous when I went in. But it was exactly what I needed at that time: some time to think about my SL, and a new start afterwards.
Banishment can be the same (healing) experience. That is, if you need that particular kind of healing. Or as you write it: if you take the right thoughts in.