Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Update for July, more to come later!

Ok,
So my updates have sort of fallen off. There are several reasons for that, but I’m going to try my best to keep up at least one update a month no matter what.
I’ll probably make it to two updates today because I have this one which is general, I’ve got some product information to give out, and then I’ve got a post about being a BANE that I want to get off my chest.
First off…around the start of the month my friend Caitlyn told me about a skin sale at Sin Skins and gave me 200L for my rezday (which was July 4th, I was rezed on the fourth of July :-P ) I bought one new skin of light makeup to replace the freebie skin I had been using since I first came to SL some two years ago. I also bought a geisha style skin and a drow skin. I love skin sales, you get what is normally a 1000$L item for around 200-300$L Overall I’m pretty happy with the quality of the skins, of course new skins needed new hair so I went over to Calla and got myself a black hairstyle to wear as a geisha, (I already had a kimono, but that’s another story) as well as a white hair style to wear as a drow (and a dress too that was semi elfish) I don’t have access to my inventory to find the Landmark for the island and get a SURL for it so people can find the places I’m talking about but I plan on doing that in the future for reviews.
So besides that I also broke down and bought one of t hose KaS corsets that everyone has nowadays, but to tell the truth I only did it because it was on sale. I belong to a group in SL that used the corset (and the neck corset) as part of a uniform and had a deal worked out for a group vendor at a discounted price. Now I like the idea of the corset and it has a very realistic feature, having to wear the prim for a long time in order to tighten the corset, it’s not worth the full price for what it does. I feel the same about the neck corset both of which require drastic changes to my shape in order to fit properly and it’s just not worth the money to make all those changes when I can find clothes and just alter my shape for free that simulate the look.
Ok, so another post later about Banishment, I finally made it back into a helmet/suit, not with the same operator which I’m kind of disappointed about and I’ll get into why about that too.
Bethany Bunneh
Aka
B2950

No comments: