Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Doll Key problems

Oh So this has been going on with me for a bit but I keep forgeting to mention it.
Oh and before I forget Marine has put together a full update for the RLV which is MUCH more stable and just the .exe file, not requiring the other folders anymore.
I needless to say, am overjoyed.
So A while back I tried to put together a "Doll" look for myself. One of the items i went out to purchase was a wind-up key for my back. A friend of mine (Tess Whitcroft of LSoK and Tesscatraz fame) told me about this neat key that worked as a plug-in for amethyst and dari-haus collars.
So I went looking and went to go purchase myself a key. It is supposed to work like this...You add the scripts to your collar, wear the key, reset both and then the key works like an AO requiring that you be "wound-up" to keep moving and if the key winds down the avatar wearing it is move locked until someone comes to wind them up again (just touch the key)
I never once got the item to work. When i first wore it, the scripts inside worked because they sent me an automatic update of the newest version of the key. Though the updated key and instructions for how to update my collar never once worked.
I sent a detailed notecard to the keys creator a few days after my purchase asking for help (i'm not sure what version of the collar i'm using but i'm pretty sure it's the most up to date one. On a side note I am not pleased with how Ame is handling updates now, the last time i tried to update my collar I had to contact her and send in my old ones to get new versions. )
I gave her as much detailed information as i could the collar I was using, and what i had tried to do to get it to work.
It's been over a month now and i've not heard anything back from the creator yet on my request.
It was only 300$L so no HUGE loss, but I am disapointed that I couldn't get it to work. So she's managed to earn my first review of 1 out of 5 bunneh's. For the sole fact that the item dosen't seem to work as intended and zero feedback from the creator/scriptor of the item. I may try to conctact her again since it's been some time.
I don't have the name of the creator handy but the key itself came from B&P Design I'm sure you can find them in search in SL if you're curious.
Oh wait i had a new format i had forgoten about

Item: Doll Key add-on for Amethyst collars.
Likes: The concept
Dislikes: Didn't work well, no creator support
Score: 1 out of 5 Bunneh's
Overall: Don't purchase.

No comments: