Monday, March 24, 2008

More Product Reviews!

So I'm not one for reading my own blog, and the time between posts makes it hard for me to remember what I've already written about and what I haven't yet.
I went shopping Friday! (or was it Thursday) and managed to get a bunch of stuff, but not the two things i was originally looking for. So first I wanted a little dress for my "doll" look that I'm still working on, and flipping back and forth between if i want it to be a latex doll look (using the scorpion products BANE hood to achieve a blank mannequin head look) or if i want to try to re-color the hood and just take a flesh colored mannequin look.
So I went out shopping for some dresses that i could wear over black latex and still have them "pop" something bright i guess. Also I had heard that Dark Eden was giving(selling cheaply) bunny ears for Easter so i went there to see if i could find them. So around 900L later i came out of DarkEden with a set of tattoos, a full set of skirts, and a bright pink jacket (I'm not partial to hot pink myself and like more muted tons of pink, but the jacket was in a vendor that was part of a fundraising effort for the American cancer society so I splurged the few extra liden and got it in hot pink, i think of it as a 'biker' jacket, something you'd see someone in the fast and the furious wear) Anyway, besides those items (which i all give a good 4 out of 5 bunnies to, i enjoy dark edens work a lot for clothes)
i also bought the "Restrained Freedom" arm binder, which i learned about through a group announcement when i signed on Friday. The arm binder was 600$L, and I'm rather happy with my purchase. The binder seemed to be sized for small avatars, and required very little altering from me to make it fit (just moving the "belly strap" out of my belly a bit, which turned out to be several indivual parts but if you know how to edit, it should be no problem, 30 seconds of work) which is allways a big plus in my book. Also it's scripted to be RLV compatible (what isn't nowadays?) and it's not only colorable, but you can change the texture of both the arm binder itself and the straps (currenly mine is in "red Velvet" colored green to match the evening dress i often wear for my "high class bondage" look. I really should start taking more pictures of myself to post to help illustrate the looks i'm talking about.)
and for all it's features it was under 1000$L
I think this is a good 4 out of 5 bunneh review for the item. The only reason I'm being hesitant about giving a 5 out of 5 is because I haven't had a great chance to test the AO in the binder yet.
(Also a little thanks to Shard of Shards Sadistic Creations for giving me the idea for that test, while talking about the arm binder she makes and sells [which i plan to purchase soon] she mentioned how strong the AO in it was and that it could even override sinewave dances, so that is a test i plan to incorporate into my future reviews.)

So this blog has turned into mostly product reviews, and I had promised at one point to talk about my RP experiences too. So I promise the next post will be a little more recounting of those.

Also this weekend I met someone i wasn't expecting to see. There is this certain dominate girl/boy who i met a long time ago, who came up with a rather annoying nickname of "Bethy Boobs."
So when I was at the LSoK the other day and someone said /me throws a rock at bethy boobs.
my jaw hit the floor. Apparently for reasons i didn't ask they had switched avatars and now resided under a different name. We spent a little time catching up until the sim we were in crashed and when i logged back on he/she wasn't there anymore.
It's weird how relationships on the Internet fluctuate, some days you'll lose friends for no apparently reason (cait) and then other days they'll pop up out of no where under a new identity being "Hey how have you been?"
Also I found out that Marine Kelly is onto the "testing" stage for her BANE suit, quite by accident. I was reading the blog of someone who left a comment on a friends blog (is that like a friend of a friend of a friend who heard something that one time?) about how she just got out of her test banishment, then in turn went to check on marine's blog (which i hadn't read in several weeks). Oh well, no point in crying over spilt milk but it would have been a fun experience i think.

Guess i'll jsut have to wait like the rest of the public, oh woe is me.
/sarcasm off

Seriously though I truly enjoy marines products and can't wait to see her version of the BANE suit, so far i know of One currently on the market (Scorpion Products) I tested one for a person I met in SL (I'll break my own rule and check to see if I've written about this yet, if not i'll make up a small report of my quarter day as a BANE) who since I've provided a report on my experiences to her, i found out she isn't planning on selling it but just making it for her own, and she's also planing on sending me an updated version based on my suggestions and her own observations in the testing.
Then by accident i found out that the people behind Restrained Freedom are making one as well (i was contacted by a "Custodian" asking if i had seen their bane, and when i TP'ed out to see what was going on, i was met by an old friend Green Geary, who then explained the suit/charging station to me and where she had gotten the test suit from)
so with Marine's BANE suit on the market that should make at least 3 varieties.
Ok I've really got to get offline and get productive with myself, more to come later as I get another burst of writers energy!
(\ /)
( . _.)
c('')('')

No comments: