Thursday, March 13, 2008

Shopaholic?

Ok so my shopping habit reared it's ugly head yesterday.
So with the purchase of a BANE helmet i wanted a nice latex skin to wear with it, something shiny(the one that came with it was rather flat). So i went shopping last night.
Originally i purchased the tintable latex skin from KCreations (who is ran by a good acquittance of mine Kat Festiov[i hope i spelled your name right Kat]who was the first Latex Doll i ever met and the person who sort of inspired me to go and join them myself.[if memory serves me right she is also the other half of the duo with Caitlyn who first accused me of being a ninja])
Which is a rather nice skin, but it doesn't quite work as advertised. Kat's skin is mostly just the shiny latex texture, then by using the built in features of SL to alter the color of your skin you can tint it to the shade of latex that you want. Though because SL doesn't all ways work as advertised, i was unable to shade the skin to a true black color, the closest being a reddish/brownish black.
But in the process of trying to get it as black as i wanted i found some other nice colors for other outfits.
So all in all I'd give the Tintable Latex skin from Kcreations a 4 out of 5 bunneh rating, because it was affordable (500$L for two versions of the skin, plain and "ribbed" latex) and rather easy to adjust. If i could get the exact color i wanted out of it I'd give it a full 5/5 rating.
So after that, I went shopping again and ended up settling on a skin from the vendor who's name i can't remember right now (The vendor i was talking about is Kayliwulf Kingdom, and despite my complaints about pricing they do make some of the very best looking latex outfits.) , i ended up getting a very shiny black latex skin for just under 1000$L, which is more then I wanted to spend. Now I was much happier with the coloring and shininess of this skin, but 1000$L was a little more then I wanted to spend for basically a all black skin with a shine texture added to the top of it. Skins in SL tend to range from 1000$L to 2000$L so it was about average price for a skin, but those skins tend to be more detailed and have makeup designs.
Also it came with a pair of "Latex nipples" which is a nice touch because lets face it if i was in a full body latex catsuit my nipple would be really hard and poking at the rubber. But in order for them to be positioned right you have to use the shape provided with the skin, which made me one of those SL giants i dislike so much (6' tall i checked it with a height meter)
So all in all I only give this skin 3 out of 5 bunneh's. Because added extras require shape altering if you wish to use them, (either using their new shape or moving them to match your own shape) and because it was a little more pricey then I'd like for a latex skin(around 100-200$L decrease in price would put it around what it is worth in my opinion)
So for my BANE suit I've spent just over 2000$L for what was originally a 500$L purchase, i may just have a shopping problem.
Not that it's going to break my bank, that 2000$L is around $7.00 US currency, which just means that I won't stop for a sandwich and soup on the way home tonight and eat out of the fridge, not really a big deal but If i end up doing this type of thing two or three times a week (which I've been known to do sometimes) it can add up pretty quickly.
At least if i become a BANE i won't be able to spend myself into the poorhouse anymore!
Gotta find the bright side in everything!
(\ /)
( . _.)
c('')('')

No comments: