Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Product testing by Bethany

So, as I've mentioned before I'm something of an obsessive shopper. If i see something i like i just HAVE TO get a copy for myself. Clothes, Toys, it doesn't matter if it catches my interest i want one of my own.

This isn't all ways the best thing for me to do though, sometimes it can lead to problems. Financial problems to name just one (something I've had to deal with in RL too sometimes i get the itch and spend just a tiny bit above my means, a habit I've taken into SL with me too.)



So SL is a land of trends, one of the newest trends is the BANE. I've mentioned it before, interaction with a BANE is what urged me to make this blog (i needed an account to leave a message on her blog with my well wishes, and I don't like leaving things empty) , and it's something I'm mildly interested in.

Yesterday i saw a BANE for the first time with a "produced" suit. i.e. one that wasn't pieced together from other products but was a fully functional BANE suit(well really functioning BANE helmet as the "suit" is just a black latex skin, then some blank eyes to mimic the eyes.)

So I asked her where she found it (apparently hers wasn't active yet because she was talking in public chat, explaining the suit to someone else, which is what drew my attention to her in the first place) and got a Landmark from her for the store.

The "Suit" cost 500$L which isn't to bad for a bondage toy. It's not a great price but I've seen some heavily scripted stuff much more expensive.

After getting the new toy and going to the Desperation Isle building area (if you've never been you should really check out Desperation Isle, 1. it's owned by my former Mistress, and current Matriarch of our family. 2. The scenery is really nice if you just fly around to explore) and unpacked it then began going through the menu on the helmet to see what all it can do.

The thing did come with a note card but sometimes playing with the menus is better then reading the instructions, other times it's not.

I accidentally locked myself in the helmet, apparently once it's locked only someone else can unlock it, my attempts just ended up with my HUD going crazy as the helmet reported all my behavior violations..well to myself as i was the key holder.

In short I'd give it a fair review, though the menus were a little hard to navigate and I would have liked a confirmation message when i turned features on and off so i could better keep track of what restrictions were on and off.

3 out of 5 bunnies for my final review i would guess.

The helmet was purchased from "Scorpion Products" I'm sure you can find them in the search feature if you're interested.



I think if I was going to be a "permanent BANE" or at least a long term on I'd rather wait and see what Marine is doing with her suit, i like the RR script design and I'm curious to see what she's doing with the idea.

Plus currently i have no custodian to monitor my banishment and while i do have fun locking myself up a lot of times in SL, voluntary banishment would get boring very quickly i think. The RP around the banishment is half the fun.



I did take a picture of myself in the BANE helmet and skin, I also have on a Corset from Trilo-wear(My FAVORITE corset maker, go give her bussiness!) because i liked the look a little better then just the bare skin itself.

I had to log in using the regular SL viewer thismroning in order to take the helmet and HUD for it off, in the future any product testing I do, I plan to have an "assistant" there so i don't accidently banish myself again, or something worse.
Then again knowing my friends It's just as likely that I'd end up locked in the product anyway instead of them helping me out when i lock myself up.

No comments: